Wednesday, August 22

Home Church

First Christian Church of McKinney, TX. 
Beginning of my faith journey.

I spent my last Sunday in the United States with my home congregation. It felt so good to worship with the community who helped raise me; who helped form my faith. The community who taught me how to live and serve in Christ's footsteps.
Neill, my minister, preached the words...

"Be strong! Be courageous!"

He also discussed that the journey God calls us to is not easy, but we need to be strong as we journey ahead. These are the exact words I needed to hear. Before leaving I began feeling nervous thinking about the unknown track ahead of me, yet as I hear Neill's words and sat among my church family I felt peace.

I flew out of DFW airport on Monday, August 20 feeling an overwhelming since of peace. Of course, I cried as I said goodbye to my parents who graciously delivered me to the airport, but then I simply felt peaceful.

I had a quick layover in San Salvador, El Salvador. The airport in San Salvador is right next to beautiful mountains and I landed right when the sun was setting. Peace.

Now, I am spending this week in training with my organization, Accion Medica Cristiana. I'm all settled in a home stay literally right across the street from my future Spanish school.

I'm here.

 I'm in Nicaragua.

Now, is the time for me to have patience, learn everything that I can, listen, and seek God in the small moments. :)

Thank you for all your continued support! I will write more details later this week.

Dios te bendiga. 

Whitney P.

No comments:

Post a Comment