Tuesday, October 2

5 Weeks in La Dalia

Hola!

 

Today I leave for La Dalia! 


It's the same city I visited during the corn festival and my short trip to el campo. I will am going in order to learn more about the Accion Medica Cristiana project in Matagalpa. You can check out some past photos here. 

I'm excited for the cooler weather due to the higher altitude and meeting an entirely new community. It's crazy to think I will be away from Mangua about the same time I've been here. Leaving the busy, dirty city life also gets my blood pumping, because I LOVE nature and open space. I challenged myself, during training in NYC, to seek God in the happening city life and I know there is beauty within a city... However, hearing about these moments before my arrival made me the most excited about my time in Nicaragua.

The reason I'm living in La Dalia for 5 weeks is so I can be totally immersed into the program and therefore be able to better communicate and share with future brigadas who visit Nicaragua. When medical teams or volunteer groups arrive to Nicaragua, they spend a day or two, at most, in Managua, going through orientation. Then, the groups stay and work within the El Tuma & La Dalia area. My role is to act somewhat as a cultural bridge for the groups and act more as an expert on Project Matagalpa.

I'm leaving with open arms, open ears, an open mind, patience, and flexibilty. Also, I pray for a sense of awe and wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

    santa rosa family dentist

    ReplyDelete