Monday, August 13

Preparing In Any Possible Way

I spent the evening back in Fort Worth, TX, the city where I spent my four years in college and a place I consider another home. In a week from today I will be boarding a TACA jet and flying to Managua, Nicaragua. I'm spending time preparing. I must say, I feel unprepared to prepare.

Tonight.was.perfect. I reunited with friends I haven't seen in a while. We cooked burgers and dogs and spent the evening hanging out in the pool. I felt extremely blessed. It felt like worship. Simple moments often times have HUGE impacts.

Sooo this preparing to leave thing. Ironically, I left to live in the Netherlands around this time last year. As important as it was for me to move to Holland at that time, this time feels different. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction. As a veteran expat, one would think I'm pretty okay with knowing how to prepare to leave, but that's so not true. I said goodbye to my brother a few days ago and bawled like a baby.

I'm saying goodbye to friends. Buying last minute things. Starting to pack. Staying busy. Tonight reminded me that I missing a crucial piece to moving on; soaking everything in and reflecting with God. I'm going to be more intentional with my next few days. I won't completely slow down, because it's me, but I want to take more moments to just BE.

Peace.
Whit



No comments:

Post a Comment