Wednesday, August 24

Oh Hey, Blog!

I'm not doing too well with keeping up with regular blog posts. I feel like I have lots to blog about, but I will write about a few things at a time, so as not to overwhelm you with reading.


 I want to blog about volleyball, because a few things were slightly different than an average, past volleyball practice I attended  in Texas.


1. The club team, the highest level, consists of women from 16 to around 40. Also, I noticed many of the recreation teams have lots of older women. Although, those women aren't the best at volleyball, it made me smile that so many older woman play, despite their skills or age.
2. Everyone showers after practice in an open shower "room." I didn't bring any shower stuff for the first practice, but wish me luck next time. :P
3. I need to learn how to say "good set", "nice hustle," etc. in Dutch. Since I talk loudly and often while playing volleyball (just like Monique), I just spoke in English for the first practice, but I can imagine how interesting that must have been for the other players. It's also really hard to quickly yell for a set, by calling out the correct number in Dutch. Twee en tweentig!  Twee en tweentig!
4.  A few women/ girls (I have to include the 16 & 17-year-olds) stayed after practice for drinks. Yes, the front lobby has a bar/snack area. Some people had juice, but others actually drank beer or wine. This was so funny to me, because after practices I usually just want a shower (but now I know they just shower at the gym, TOGETHER) and definitely not anything to drink besides water.

Other than a few differences, which were peculiar only to me, the rest of practice contained familiar drills and plays. I'm stoked to be out on the court!

Tomorrow, I will update once again.

Doei! Grotjes!
WLPNL





No comments:

Post a Comment