Thursday, November 1



I believe it is impossible to feel unloved on your birthday ever since that one guy invented Facebook. A rewarding part of my mission experience thus far is the overwhelming support from others. I want to continue to say thank you for your support! You continuously surround me with the presence of Christ even from a distance.

Yesterday, I turned 24. I will admit as recent holidays approach I try to mentally prepare myself. "Okay, in training we talked about how these times can be really depressing and cause you to be homesick... Okay I am ready. Ya, I got this." Yes, I was a little nervous about my emotions during my day of birth, but I truly enjoy the day and felt very blessed. 

My day was actually very laid back and nothing flashy. I loved the fact I got to spend the day assisting with two workshops for two different communities about HPV, the PAP test, and how to correctly use a condom. My friend, Lauren from the Peace Corps, snuck in singing happy birthday to me during an interactive activity. I enjoyed the opportunity to spend the day educating others.

A common birthday tradition in Nicaragua is getting eggs thrown on your head. Luckily, no one decided this was actually a good idea for my birthday, people just teased me about it. 

My Nicaraguan family cooked a simple but extremely delicious chicken dinner, followed by some scrumptious birthday cake.

My birthday in Nicaragua was lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment